Premiere Opera International Summer Opera Program
General Information: Emerging from the immensely successful Premiere Opera International Vocal Competition, which boasted an unparalleled world-class judging panel (Ken Benson, Catherine Malfitano, Aprile Millo, Eve Queler, Lenore Rosenberg & Neil Shicoff), comes the inaugural year of the Premiere Opera International Summer Program. Amazing performance opportunities, and world-class vocal faculty and career consultants, combined with an internationally accredited Italian language and culture school, all within the backdrop of a stunning medieval Italian town. This just may be one of the most rewarding and educational opportunities of your development and career.
For: Entry-level professional, as well as conservatory and college-level opera singers.
Dates: July 14 – August 4, 2018 (3 weeks)
Location: Urbania, Italy
What is included:
- Voice Lessons: Fine tuning the key to your craft with some of the world’s best vocal technicians. Intense vocal work which is expertly applied to the repertoire in very specific ways; increasing the longevity of your career. Learning invaluable technical skills that you will bring back home to your primary teacher and incorporate as you both best see fit.
- Masterclasses: A wonderful open setting where the entire program interactively learns from each other and the Master Teacher.
- Dramatic Coachings & Scene Staging: Building all aspects of your stagecraft and interpretation. Creating an environment of trust in which to explore all dimensions of the character.
- Coachings & Role Preparation: Working your repertoire with extraordinary répétiteurs who are fluent in all of the core rep and languages.
- Great Singer Appreciation Class: Fine tuning your aural comprehension from the greatest singers of the Golden Age, through specific audio and video examples; as to the technique, style and nuance that they left behind for us to study.
- Career Consultations: World-Class Artist Managers provide one on one consultations and masterclasses, giving guidance on how to ‘break into the business,’ as well as how to maximize your success and reach on social media for career promotion; discovering how to monetize all of your talents and interests as secondary sources of income during your career, thus developing you as a well rounded business-minded professional.
- Italian Language by Centro Studi Italiani: The prestigious Italian language and culture school; one of the most respected institutions of its kind anywhere in the world. Centro Studi has provided classes to more than 15,000 students, of all ages, from all over the world. Classes are available for all fluency levels and will be given over the entire three weeks of the program, Monday through Friday, 3 hours per day. Study materials are included. Additional Italian language study is available either before or after the summer program for those who are interested (additional fee applies).
- 4 performances: 3 concerts in Urbania, including 1 in the exquisite Teatro Bramante, as well as 1 in a venue outside of the city. Arias, Scenes and Ensembles tailored just for you, with your professional advancement and success in mind.
- Fitness: Yoga & Meditation sessions to treat and affect the entire singing instrument; mind, body, and soul.
- Housing: Double room in a shared apartment or single room option available. All utilities included. Apartments are fully furnished including linens, washer, as well as kitchen utensils and appliances.
- Airport Transfers: Charter bus from Rome Airport-Urbania-Rome Airport.
- 1 Overnight Trip to Verona and Venice: Charter bus Urbania-Verona-Venice-Urbania, chaperone, hotel stay in double room occupancy, guided tour of Verona city center, opera ticket at the Arena di Verona, boat transfer to Venice center.
- 1 Cooking Class
- 1 Wine Tasting
- Welcome Dinner and Farewell Reception
- Price per person - double room occupancy, $4,600
- Price per person - single room occupancy, $4,800
- Non-refundable $500 deposit to be paid upon acceptance and then the remaining balance to be paid in two equal installments. Or save $200 (~5%) of the total fee by paying the entire tuition upfront.
- If you're unable to attend the full program, the tuition will be modified accordingly based on a per week basis.
- A limited number of small partial scholarships may be available on a case by case basis, based upon merit and need.
Sample Daily Structure:
- 9:00 - 10:00 Fitness/Yoga/Meditation & Breath Control Class
- 10:00 - 1:00 Italian Language & Culture Class
- 1:00 - 2:00 Lunch Hour/Study/Free Time
- 2:00 - 3:30 Voice Lessons & Coachings
- 3:30 - 4:30 Rest/Riposa/Study/Free Time
- 4:30 - 6:00 Master Teacher Masterclass/Lecture/Group Discussion
- 6:00 - 8:00 Voice Lessons & Coachings/Scene & Concert Staging